Contact Lens Consultation
- In order to try contact lenses you’ll need an up to date eye examination (your prescription should not be more than 1 year old). Our optometrist will carry out a comprehensive eye examination prior to your contact lens consultation if your last eye exam was more than 1 year ago.
- Our optometrist will carry out a series of tests to confirm that your eyes are suitable for contact lenses. They will then discuss your options with you and give you their recommendations on the type of contact lenses which will suit your eyes best, answering any questions you have.
- A pair of contact lenses will then be placed gently onto your eyes and you’ll be able to experience the amazing sensation of seeing without your glasses for the first time!
- After the lenses have settled in your eyes, our optometrist will assess the suitability of the lenses in your eyes, and measure your vision to make sure you are seeing clearly.
- If there are any improvements that can be made to these initial lenses the optometrist may apply further lenses, ensuring that the final lenses feel great and give you the best possible vision.
Handling your contact lenses
Our fully trained team will make sure that you’re confident handling your lenses and can easily apply and remove them yourself before you take them home. We’ll give you one-to-one tuition and allow you as much time as you need to practise on the day of your consultation.
- We’ll take you through all the “do’s & don’ts” of contact lens wear and give you a written summary to take home with you.
- If you’ve mastered the art of handling your contact lenses and feel competent enough to take your contact lenses home on the same day that’s perfect.
- Or if a little more practice is needed we’ll book you a further handling appointment at a time that suits you.
- You then have an opportunity to ‘test-drive’ your new eyes in the real world for a week or two, after which you’ll see our optometrist again to review how your lenses are working for you.
We’ll also email you some helpful videos with plenty of tips and tricks about contact lens wear.
Always remember that if one contact lens option isn’t suiting you as well as you might like there are usually alternatives which we are more than happy to organize for you to try.
And we’re only a phone-call away; if you ever have any concerns regarding your contact lenses, please don’t hesitate to ring us or call in to the practice.
At Eglinton Eyecare we offer continued support and aftercare to our contact lens patients. This is an essential requirement of contact lens wear to ensure that you to maintain a healthy and comfortable experience of contact lens wear. It also gives you the opportunity to try any new and healthier lenses which have become available and suitable for your eyes and your prescription.
- Everyone’s eyecare demands are different, and our optometrist will give you advice on how regularly you need to return for aftercare appointments based on your individual needs.
- All contact lens wearers should have an aftercare consultation scheduled at least once a year or more regularly if you are experiencing any problems with wearing your contact lenses at any time.
- As a member of Eyeplan there’s no charge for your aftercare consultations as often as you require them.
- Eyeplan membership also enables you to get 10% off your contact lenses if you pay for them on Eyeplan.
We’d love you to experience the wonderful benefits of contact lenses for yourself. At Eglinton Eyecare we host a number of contact lens promotions and events throughout the year. If you’d like an invitation to one of our events or have any questions about contact lenses contact us or pop in and see us the next time you’re passing.