How can a Schoolvision Assessment Help?
Using established sight tests and corrective spectacles, as a specialist Schoolvision practice we work with children to reinforce the dominant eye and improve their ability to read fluently and interpret words.
Early identification of difficulties and prompt intervention enable children to achieve their full potential, both in education and ultimately their future.
If therapeutic lenses are found to help your child, they may incorporate some/all of the following features:
- A lens with 2 different strengths to help your child see better both far away and close up
- A prescription to specifically help the eyes focus better at a reading distance
- A lens to help a muscle imbalance between the eyes
- A special tint
The benefits for your child are likely to be a combination of the following:
- Increased reading fluency and speed
- Better performance at school
- Increased confidence
- Better concentration for schoolwork
- Less headaches and discomfort when reading
- Less disruptive behaviour